In FY22-23, alongside governments and other public, private and philanthropic partners, we continued to navigate the challenges presented by COVID-19. As a charity with global reach, our rich public health expertise was further utilised to ensure the safe delivery of interventions — from large-scale seasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC) campaigns across the Sahel and ground-breaking research on malaria and COVID-19 in Uganda, to adapting net delivery in Nigeria and increasing access to health services for migrant workers along the Thailand–Cambodia border. We sought to build deeper engagement with national malaria and other health programmes, national research institutes, philanthropists and communities in high-burden countries — to advance accountability, sustainability and develop implementation science to deepen our collective impact.
Total income received during the year amounted to £100.7 million, an increase of £16.3 million (+19%) on the previous year. The majority of Malaria Consortium’s income (£62.1m) relates to funds restricted to SMC, which increased by £22.8m (+58%) due to expansion in Mozambique, Nigeria and Uganda. Charitable expenditure on programmes increased by £14.9m to £94.3m. 95% of Malaria Consortium’s overall expenditure was spent on programmatic activities in Africa and Asia. The remaining funds (5%), were allocated to essential support functions, ensuring the smooth operation of our activities, and generating future income to sustain our mission.
« Back to Publications