Building wider partnerships
In some locations local or international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) may have an entrenched presence including the provision of health services to communities in their scope of work. Working in partnership with such organizations can:
- Alleviate implementation responsibility from the company.
- Support organisations which may work in the area in the long-term thereby increasing sustainability.
- Allow the company to benefit from strong local knowledge and experience, benefiting the malaria control programme.
More broadly it may be useful to consider partnering with a wider range of stakeholders including:
- National, sub-national and local media companies to support communications activities.
- Organisations involved in other vector borne disease control to consider developing a combined, integrated programme.
- Other companies working in the area, to form a local business coalition to increase leveraging opportunities and funding capacity.
You may want to review this overview of options for the different ways to get involved with and through partners.
Examples of successful industry malaria control programmes
Sources of technical support and advice